Goodbye Martha Stewart, Hello Crafty Me!

21 Oct

Problem solved. I bought the completely wrong wire for the Martha Stewarts Encyclopedia of Crafts book.. It would have been nice to know that from the beginning. She didn’t exactly make it clear what kind of wire you needed. It says, “Any wire that will fit through the holes of the beads twice.” …. maybe she should have emphasised the wire needs to be bendable!!!!!

Well now that I have vented! I decided to just play around with the wire I used for the paper project https://underestimatedmom.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/paper-flower-power/ and I made an E out of beads and wire. Martha does suggest doing this in her book but again her instructions are worthless so I threw the book on the floor and did it myself!

I am trying to figure out what I would use this for .. On E’s door to her room, as a christmas ornament, or maybe hang it from a window and let the sun make a million sparkles 🙂 but it was totally fun to make! I’ll be selling these for $1.00 and miniture size’s for 50 cents (plus shipping and handling) if anyone is interested.

Well I guess i’ll be adding the craft store to my list of things to do tomorrow and try again! Wish me luck!

6 Responses to “Goodbye Martha Stewart, Hello Crafty Me!”

1. Kristin October 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm #

etsy is a great place to make an online craft store!

• underestimatedmom October 21, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

That is exactly what I am doing now 🙂 Oh and I made a gmail account too!

2. Misha February 4, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

I was perusing wordpress tonight and found your post about selling on Etsy. Congradulations! Keep creating and don’t give up. I was a stay at home mom with three kids and desperate to make ends meet. I started sculpting, first with old nylons stockings, then salt dough ornaments. I worked and worked and my first craft show I sold out and made $37. I was elated! My work continued, I did craft shows, then art shows and then big trade shows, where I sold my one of a kind Santas. I have been creating art for over thirty years, it is my career and life’s dream. My work now sells for upwards of $3000 for one sculpture and I support myself very comfortably. So if its your passion… press on…if you dream it, it will come true. Best..Misha. http://www.mishasart.com or misha.wordpress.com

• underestimatedmom February 6, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Thank you!! Wow, I hope I am as lucky as you are!! You are living my dream life!! Thanks for the encouragement, I am so excited about getting better at my crafting. 😀

Thanks again!

3. Our Blessed Mess July 26, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

Wanted to update: I have posted some things on Etsy and have had 3 sales this week!! I am so glad I finally put my stuff up. Thanks for the encouragement!

• underestimatedmom July 27, 2011 at 8:45 am #