I’m getting the last laugh now :)

29 Jan

Yes, I do realize that is 12:26 in the morning and I am typing a blog post. I also realize that I am going to wake up at 7:15, take a shower, put makeup on, do my hair, eat breakfast, and wait for E to wake up around 8:15. Let’s get real here, I never stay up!! So tonight I am saying, what the heck!! There is nothing crazy important that needs to be done tomorrow so I am spoiling myself and having some me time with my hubby!

Tonight we watched “The Watchmenmovie. When I was in college my sophomore english class had to read this comic book and continuously write about what we thought was going to happen next. I am sure my teacher was snickering when he knew that all of us had no flipping clue what was going to happen next, nor did we want to guess. Well I ended that year with a 5 page paper stating why I did not like this comic book. Why did I not like it? I couldn’t figure out who was who, what they were doing, or why and when the end happened and the person that did “it” was reviled, I sadly didn’t even remember who he was. That’s the thing that I don’t like about comic books, you can read and reread and stare at the pictures all day long but ultimately, you have no clue what the heck is going on!!!!!!!!!! So I bet he is probably snickering again right now at the fact that the one student who protested how much she hated this comic book actually watched the movie. And now I get to snicker 🙂

A quote from my husband to his friends via video game bluetooth, “It wasn’t that great, I didn’t even really feel for any of the characters. I like to care about who is going to die and who is going to live and it’s hard when you don’t even really know the character or the back story. It really wasn’t that good.”

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Thank you. Point proven. This story line, needed more .. oh i don’t know. STORY! And that is all I have to say.

Now you are probably wondering, if this movie was so bad then why did you stay up until 12:30 to tell me? Well after we watched the movie B decided to play video games and honestly, it’s a lot more fun than The Watchmen.

Also a little sidenote of amazingness that happened in my MOST AMAZING day since January started 😀 I crocheted an entire skane while sitting through that three-hour madness! We are totally watching more movies friday nights and staying up late so I can bust out some awesome uninterrupted craftiness.

Hope everyone else is having a great morning, night, whatever 😛

8 Responses to “I’m getting the last laugh now :)”

1. Sheila (Book Journey) January 29, 2011 at 10:01 am #

HA! Excellent post – I laughed with my coffee! Stopping by this morning as you are signed up on the WHERE Are you reading challenge… I posted today a linky where participants can add there January recaps on this challenge if you would like to do that.

Have an awesome day!

• underestimatedmom February 6, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Glad I could make you laugh 🙂 I’ll definitely check it out! Hope you have an awesome day too!

2. dscotti February 3, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

I agree. I had no freaking clue what was going on in the movie. It wasn’t until about halfway through that I figured out the relationships (like, there were two of each?). So annoying. And I really like XMen, so I thought, oh maybe I’ll like this! I’m sticking with my rom-coms! 🙂

Denise
    bestparent.wordpress.com

• underestimatedmom February 6, 2011 at 10:56 am #

I luckily had a little bit of idea what was going on since I read the comic book for class but I still didn’t think it was that good!! 🙂

Thanks!

3. Aurelia M. Mahoney February 4, 2011 at 7:05 am #

That’s really cool. My family and I sit down every Friday and have movie nights, it’s great time that’s just “us” time. And my mom usually knits during that time as well, but it’s awesome that you can find something to do so that you can enjoy watching a dumb pointless movie, and yet retain those good memories of spending time with your guy.

• underestimatedmom February 6, 2011 at 10:56 am #

We just decided not too long ago that we need to start watching at least one movie a weekend. My husband has over 1,000 DVDs and we never watch any of them! We just started, so I am hoping we keep it up! Plus I love writing about them 🙂 Haha I had to find something to do through the pointless movie or I would have fallen asleep 😉 That’s true though, this blog has been an amazing way to keep those awesome memories.

Thanks for your comment! I love reading what other people do 😀

4. Lakia Gordon February 5, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Excellent post!! 🙂 I enjoyed it!