It’s come to my realization that many of you out there hate your job, so much so that you dread waking up in the morning knowing that you have to go do it.
You don’t have to hate your job. In fact, you don’t have to do that job at all!
Now before you go rolling your eyes at me, let’s think this one through. The reason most people work is to consume enough money to live our lives in which we think are appealing or at the very least going to bring dinner on the table. I had that job. I hated that job. I spent countless hours complaining about it, making my husband miserable about, and ruining the life I always wanted because I was so upset with the job.
My husband and I sat down and took a look at our finances and compared how much I made to how much I spent at that job.
- I was making X a month.
- Spending A on gas to get there and back each month.
- Spending B on food for lunch each month.
- Spending C on easier meals to cook at home (premade things) because I was too lazy to do them when I got home each month.
- This does not include D on bills that were created from me having to work (ex. daycare, fixing the car, doctors appointments for stress & anxiety)
X-A-B-C equaled a whopping 100 bucks a month. I was in complete shock. I was spending almost my entire monthly paycheck just for work and I hated my job!! I looked at my life and how I was living it. My job was not worth working $100 a month – I can’t even picture what job would be worth that little.
Then I sat down and thought about all the things I love to do.
- I love spending time with my daughter.
- I love taking care of children. (Possible Income)
- I love organizing things. (Possible Income)
- I love to write and take pictures. (Possible Income)
- I love finding great deals on things. (Helps budget money for other things)
- I’m not the best at cooking, but I like trying. (Not an income but also can be a money saver instead of going out to eat)
- I like being crafty and making things. (Possible Income)
Thanks for stopping by!
*Thank you google images for the pictures