Kicking Fridge Clutter Goodbye!

26 Jul

I’ve been looking for ideas to get rid of my fridge clutter but still be able to have my grocery list, meal ideas, and what I’m going to make that week schedule. As you can see my fridge could use a little TLC:

I finally found one that peeked my interest.

Painting a cabinet door with chalkboard paint! ❀ It took a couple coats of paint but each time I got that much more excited.

Then after three coats and time to dry it was ready to played with!!

Ahh!!! I love it! My favorite thing about it is I can close the cabinet door and you can’t see any of the chaos πŸ˜€ I do need to get a little better at writing with chalk though – that’s obviously not my strong point πŸ˜‰

My fridge looks happier too πŸ™‚

Thanks for stopping by.

6 Responses to “Kicking Fridge Clutter Goodbye!”

1. EveMarieR July 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Very cute! Your writing isn’t bad! .. but if you want to do it like the pros at coffee shops and bistros, use a chalk marker like this: http://www.chalkink.com/ChalkInk.com/Homepage.html
    you can get them at most art/craft stores. I love mine πŸ™‚

• underestimatedmom July 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

OMG! Those look awesome ❀ Thanks for sharing! I'll be picking some of these up this weekend!

2. zoekatarina July 29, 2012 at 2:01 am #

How good is chalkboard paint?!!?
    At my sharehouse we recently painted a wall in the kitchen. My housemate with awesome writing wrote ‘SPECIALS’ up there and we plan to each put up our fave dish.
    But I never even thought about doing it on the fridge. I can’t believe it sticks! Did you have to prime it w- something first??

• underestimatedmom July 29, 2012 at 8:32 am #

Chalkboard paint is my new love – I now look at everything and wonder – can I paint that?!

Oh that’s soo cool! I want to paint a wall but Brian looks at me like I’m crazy so I haven’t done it yet.. I may still do it πŸ˜›

We actually didn’t do it on the fridge – it’s on the cabinet next to the fridge so we could get all of our clutter off of the fridge! It worked well on there because it was wood. A quick sand and a few coats and we were done!

3. Organized Living Essentials August 4, 2012 at 11:02 am #

What a brilliant idea! It looks great and is going to be so functional!

• underestimatedmom August 4, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Thanks! It sure has been. I like being able to hide my mess even if it’s purpose is to keep me organized πŸ˜‰