Bed Sheet Do Over!

6 Sep

I had this bed sheet lying around and was determined to make a few things out of it so that’s exactly what I did this week! Throughout the next two/three weeks you’ll see other projects that I’ve done with this bed sheet so this won’t be the only one πŸ™‚

The pattern on this sheet was way too cute to just toss so I decided to take off the fitted part of it to make it easier to work with.

I took my rolling cutter and cut around the edges of the elastic until it was completely off.

Then I did the same thing with the seams – cutting them out to get the fabric so it would lay flat.

I’m keeping the elastic edges for another project you’ll see soon πŸ™‚ I’m pretty darn excited about it!

After that is easy to lay flat – it just needed a little ironing and I cut the pieces to make my first project out of all this fabulous material.

I cut out the pieces for …. you guessed it – a pocket pillow!

I’m going to make another matching buddy for this one to have and then I’ve already thought of two more projects to do! I’m so glad I kept this bedding around – it’s going to make a ton of fun projects. Who would have thought this one thing could last me so many hours of fun!?

If you like this blog, please click on the link below daily to vote for me!

7 Responses to “Bed Sheet Do Over!”

1. Cul de Sac September 6, 2012 at 8:54 am #

So much fabric in a bed sheet! I found a nice one that i’ll be turning into a dress for my oldest next spring! For 1$ a bed sheet, that’s a cheap way to make a cool garnment! Your pillow looks so yummy! I’m not forgetting for your parcel… I just need to find some time πŸ˜‰ i think you will like it!

• underestimatedmom September 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

I know! I went out and got another bed sheet since I kept finding awesome ways to use them and it’s SOOO much fabric! You’ll have to show how that dress turns out – that sounds awesome!

Oh no worries πŸ˜‰

• Cul de Sac September 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Yep! Cheap fabric for yards load! You just need to find a sheet that doesn’t look like one lol!!! If you know what i mean!

• underestimatedmom September 6, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Exactly πŸ™‚ I can’t wait for you to see the next one – it’s a pink pattern but it’s very in style right now!!

• Cul de Sac September 6, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

Oh, you, teaser! πŸ™‚

2. Margie Durham September 6, 2012 at 8:58 am #

I love that pillow! It looks awesome!

• underestimatedmom September 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

Thanks! I think I could make twenty pillows out of this thing!!