Taking it Easy Today!

27 Sep

I have two little girls here today and we are going to be taking it easy! Most days we spend half the day inside and half the day outside but since the weather is going to keep us from going out – I decided to take a practice day of keeping them entertained inside!

Since they are 2 and 3, their attention span is about 30 minutes. Here’s our usual schedule for a day that includes outdoor time:

8:30-9:00 Excitement to see each other which involves, hugs, kisses, chasing each other, and showing each other toys. Then they’ll usually “help” me get breakfast ready.

9:00-9:30 Breakfast time!

9:30-10:00 Free play time in the house.

10:30-11:00 We go for a walk.

11:00-11:30 Color or Play-Doh

11:30-12:00 They help me make lunch

OR

10:30-11:30 Park Time

11:30-12:00 They help me make lunch

12:00 Lunch

12:30-1:00 Quiet Time

1:00 -4:00 Nap Time

4:00 – 4:15 Snack

4:15 – 5:00 Puzzles, Reading Time, or Blocks usually.

So what I’ll need to do is find an indoor activity to keep us busy from 10:30-11:00. Some days we’ll bundle up and play out on the back patio but for those really cold or yucky days I wanted a few options to keep us entertained.

Today we are going to try music time. I’ve got a bunch of musical toys ready and I’m hoping it will include lots of dancing and giggling to get out all their energy!

Do you have any great ideas you’d love to share?

Thanks for stopping by.

10 Responses to “Taking it Easy Today!”

1. Patch September 27, 2012 at 11:49 am #

My boys used to like (and still do) balloon keepy uppy. Lots of energy jumping around keeping the balloon up in the air, (not touching the floor) and nothing will get broken. They could have a balloon each or one to share.

2. Cul de Sac September 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

That is a nice time schedule! Hope you have a fun day!

3. Jaime Jackimiec Straus September 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

My daughter is a little younger than them but we love pulling out all the Tupperware and making Tupperware towers as high as we can, then of course knock ’em over and do it again and again.

Another good one that’ll keep them entertained for a long time is blowing bubbles with dish soap. Wet your hand and rub them together with dish soap like ivory liquid type stuff, make sure you’re good and soapy and pretty watery (you’ll figure out what consistency works best pretty quickly), make a fist, then slowly run the tip of your index finger along your thumb till the tip of your two fingers are touching (like the a-ok hand gesture). You should have like a sheet of soap like bubble solution on a bubble wand (hope that makes sense), then blow lightly. You can make HUGE bubbles! Then turn your hand flat so the bubble rests on your palm and then blow it gently off your hand into the air. Probably way too much explaining here but if you get it right, it’s a BIG hit!

• underestimatedmom September 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

Haha thanks! Emma is crazy about bubbles so that will be a huge hit!

4. azurachan September 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

They are so adorable. Why don’t you try make over activity. I’m sure every girls will love to do this activity.

• underestimatedmom September 28, 2012 at 9:05 am #

They are a little young for that I think but Emma sure does love to dress up! That might be a better fit for them!

5. jkossowan September 28, 2012 at 3:26 am #

Sounds like a lovely day for the pair of them! As for indoor activities, have you ever tried setting up a sensory bin of some sort for them? Some can be messy, but if you lay down an old blanket or sheet first, clean up is normally not too bad at all! Some of our favourite can be found here: http://mamapapabubba.com/tag/sensory-bin/

Also, these two activities have been the biggest hits we’ve had in our house for a very long time:

You’ll have to let me know if you try any of them out. 🙂

• underestimatedmom September 28, 2012 at 9:05 am #

I love all of our sensory posts!! You have some really great ideas that I’m definitely trying out 🙂