What Are You Doing!?

14 Dec

Today I am doing finishing touches to make sure I’m all prepped for my show tomorrow!

photo (27)

These are pieces of wood I spray painted with chalkboard paint to make price signs for the show. I love how bright they are and how they stand out. I also love that I don’t have to tag price EACH item I’ve made. I’ve tried many different ways to tag price my items and realized that all of them take WAY to long and I could have made more items for my show instead of wasting time tagging each and every single thing.

il_fullxfull.256405979

These are the kinds of tags I was trying to use. I had to write out each tag and use string to tie to each item. It was exhausting and frustrating. Another kind i used were sticky price tags which I hated. They either leave sticky messes on your items or they fall off and are nowhere to be found which result in a, “how much is this!?”

After going through all that I realized I didn’t mind people asking me how much things were. It actually seemed to be the conversation starter and gave me a chance to explain the process of making my items and that I do custom orders as well. After that I tried to come up with a different way to price my items – which resulted in the chalkboard paint boards. Now my prices are easy to be seen but if someone really wanted to talk to me or ask me my prices I was ready and available šŸ™‚

What are you working on today? Leave a comment and let me know or share a link to show me what you are doing!

6 Responses to “What Are You Doing!?”

1. Cul de Sac December 14, 2012 at 11:19 am #

I might start and do that too…. I used to tag everything and you are right it’s exhausting! but you need to have prices clearly marked somewhere because some people won’t ask for prices and just walk away, so this may end up with a lost sale… need to find a way for my stuff now…

• underestimatedmom December 14, 2012 at 11:25 am #

I think my little signs are bright and clear enough. I’ve heard people say that before – but I feel like if someone really wanted an item they wouldn’t hesitate to ask. I don’t look at it like losing a sale – I look at it like giving me more time to make extra items which might sell. It’s worth it to me to have more inventory than waste time pricing.

• Cul de Sac December 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm #

I know what you mean, but If myself am at a craft show to browse some stuff, and I’m at a table with lots of people and prices are not clear somewhere, I might walk away as I hate being in a crowd and having to pass over people to ask something… Yours are bright enough and cute looking too! and your idea i like, I hate tagging each and everything…

• Cul de Sac December 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Oh, I just reread my comment… I’m sorry when I said you need to have prices clearly mark I wasn’t implying YOU personally! sorry about that! I meant generally šŸ˜¦ sorry if I offended you! sometimes my english is playing on me šŸ˜‰

• underestimatedmom December 14, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

You didn’t at all!! ā¤ I agree they need to be clear and easy to see! I'll let you know how it goes šŸ˜‰

• Cul de Sac December 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

i’m happy understood, the last thing i want is hurt your feelings šŸ™‚
        can’t wait to know how the show went!